Yep we kept waiting for the Fox to show up, but after 5 hrs it was clear she wasn't going to make it. \:\) Heck, Wid could have even stopped over, I have the extra bedroom downstairs...

We had a great time. I'm glad I finally got to spend some more time with Nick, what a great guy. \:\) I am anxious to check out his setup some day.

Chris was also a great person and I think he enjoyed the visit. I'm probably not the best when it comes to knowing what to provide during a demo, but I think it went well.

Nick's demo DVD clips of movies helped a lot as they were provided with menus of categories; LFE, Surround, Explosions, etc. I need to make/purchase something similar, really cool.

On a couple of examples, Chris and Nick asked me if I was sure the Sub channel was shut off, and it was. This tells you how well the 80's do in the lowwww category. Of course, they will not replace a sub for subsonic lows, but I'm betting there are some subs on the market they could beat. \:\)

One thing that came out of the demo that I am pondering is my sub dB levels. Currenly, I have all my subs set to match the SPL dB level of 78dB's like my speakers, from the primary seated position. When they are all turned on, the combined SPL is around 84-5dB's. I know Jakeman recommends setting them up individually, about 5dB's lower than the others, then when combined they will come up to about the other speakers. I tried this for awhile, but following Ian's video I am now leaving them all matched to the speakers, which brings them up higer overall, but in the bass that we hear it is no represented on the Radio Shack meter below 50 hz.

To me they sound good. However, there were a couple of occasions where I felt Chris and Nick thought they weren't explosive enough for their taste. I know everyone has different taste, and many run their subs wayyy to hot and don't follow THX standards.

Chris has a 15" sub currently (I think Epic?) and he commented a few times that he should have been blown out of my room with 3 12" subs, compared to what he gets at home. I don't know what this tells me, possible he does not follow traditional sub calibration techniques, not sure. I thought the bass was pretty intense at time I could feel the hairs on my legs stand up.

I'm anxious to see what Nick's response is on this issue. I guess I don't have much experience listening to other people's sub setups, so this is all I know.

All in all, it went very well and it would be great if Chris becomes an Axiom member. If not that is ok as well. He has a difficult decision to make as he is going back/forth between the Rocket 850's, Axiom M80's, and Paradigm Studio 70's.

Thanks Chris and Nick.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85