Randy, I would say that your system is much more "tuned" than mine, and offer a superior sound quality. Don't worry about the bass. Chris and I both seem to be bass junkies, although a little different taste in music. :-) I like my bass a little "hot" but not much more than what you had. With your 3 subs, it was the "smoothest" bass I think that I've ever heard, and I know that you barely tapped into the EP600 for volume.

I also don't have any bass management or much sound treatment in my room as I said yesterday. I am waiting (still) for the funds for the custom theater seating with a 2nd subwoofer and once that is in, I can work on tuning the room. For me right now, in order to get a real sense of an explosion through all seats, I need it a bit louder, but again, not a lot. Also, when I put in my 6 bass shakers in the seats, I can let them to the slight "rumble" in the seats and let the sub provide the smooth bass and move the air and not need to move the seats.

I put in the same demo DVD you talked about above and listened to what it sounded like here, and I dialed down my sub just a bit actually from where it was before, and adjusted the crossover a hair.

You definitely have an awesome sounding system Randy. I've also already got my wife convinced that sound treatments will be a worthwhile addition.

Another thing that I learned (probably overlooked here) was flipping my VP150 upside down to get a little upward angle on it. That helped enough that my wife noticed better vocals last night in a movie.

I just loved the chance to meet and talk about this stuff in person. I learned a lot of tips and tricks, plus had the chance to experience them first hand.

As for the demo DVDs, I don't have a problem duplicating any of the disks since none of them are commercially made. Just let me know. If I knew a place that could host about 25 single layer DVD images online, they could be made available for everyone to download.

Last edited by nickbuol; 07/13/08 09:31 PM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020