I posted this on Audioholics, but think its better for me to go to the Axiom source!

I am debating the on-wall speakers w22's (have a toddler and newborn!) vs. floor standing, m60.....I also like the flushed uncluttered look of the on-wall. I will pair this with rears and an EP500. Still debating on 5.1 vs. 7.1

here is the setup: We have a room that is 30' x 18', with 11' foot ceilings....the back half will have a pool table and ping pong table and the front half will have a TV, sofa and other media stuff...so its not a "true" media room. The sofa will sit at the midpoint or so at 15', so that will be the viewing distance for sports and movies. I plan on getting a projector and screen.

I want speakers that will be good for movies from this distance, but also give me enough sound for the whole room for music when shooting pool.

Keep in mind we don't need loud blazing music...just good sound.

Can I get by with the W22's, and EP500 and set of rears or will i need to get the floor standing?

Finally...should I get a 5.1 and set the rears at the back of the room or should I get a 7.1 and place a set of rears halfway near the sofa and then another set of rears at the back of the room?

Looking for some good insight...Thanks!