Welcome, Zeddy, I'm sure you'll get plenty of input from the guys here. I am currently waiting on some Axiom speakers (M80s, VP150, QS8s) after auditioning a number of speaker brands including Energy.
The Energy speakers, to me, and I'm sure you'll hear from some other members here, were felt to be rather 'muffled' sounding or 'muted' when compared to some of the other speakers I auditioned (Paradigm, Monitor Audio to name a couple). I was looking at Energys at FS on one of their sales before Christmas and came away quite dissappointed by their sound. Having said that, Energys top of the line "Veritas" have been compared to Axioms and are said to sound similar, the difference of course being that the Veritas are easily double the $$ of the Axioms(M80).
I feel very confident saying that the RC series of Energy speakers are not comparable to Axiom speakers. (I'll let others tell you more about the "Axiom Sound" as like many I have ordered mine on faith based on very positive reviews). Axioms are considered to be detailed, like Paradigm or Monitor Audios, but at a lower price point.
Now, if you're on a budget, you may want to do what some have done, you could choose M22s, M60s or M80s for your fronts...they all have their own strengths but have the "Axiom Sound" at different price points. The VP100 or 150 could be used in any of those combinations and the QS8 is one of the most highly rated surrounds in the industry. As for subs, Axioms are very good but if you want to(as I have) you could perhaps pick up a deal on one of the many other brands and be satisfied as there are many subs to choose from in the $500-800 range(or more dep on budget).
If you order through the Factory outlet you'll get a 10% discount and a further 5% if you get 5 items. (you can also save on shipping if you are able to pickup). Also you don't pay PST at Axiom.
Bang-per-buck I don't think you could beat Axiom and even though $2700 sounds like a good deal for the Energys I would implore you to listen to a few other speakers to see what kind of sound you like because a "good deal" could be a "bad deal" if you don't like the sound. Go and audition the Energys and take your time comparing them to other speakers using some music you're familiar with, so you can compare them, you may in fact prefer them, but I just felt they sounded "cloudy".

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.