Originally Posted By: jakewash
other manufacturers I am not so sure of. The THX cert. means I can be assured, the avr can run my M80s to reference volumes in the designated room sizes as found on the THX web site.

That is exactly my situation. Do I go to CC and get a bankruptcy deal on a Onkyo 806 with THX certification - not a product I would normally buy - or wait for the Denon 3809CI that I want? So many around here say all the amps are the same and the 806 has all the features I need - really just HDMI switching and Dolby True HD - so why not?

The voice in my head says you get what you pay for and there is a world of difference between a very solid $1500 Denon and a $500 Onkyo. I'm very confused. \:\( So what does the power supply amperage rating mean in real terms. I can push my Denon 3300 to its sonic limits. How could a $500 Onkyo be as good.

And before everyone says get the Onkyo and order the Emotiva Amp, that gets near the Denon price, and I'd rather one box.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire