Originally Posted By: jakewash
Welcome to the Axiom Family. I have a question as to how much room you have from the rear channels to the listening area? If there is little to no room then you may very well find another set of QS8s to work very nicely, if there is some breathing room for them, then your current direct radiators or a set of M2s might work better. Just something to think about, everyone has a different idea as to which they prefer for rear channel speakers. You may need to play around with the QS8s as rear channels just to see which you prefer.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have 7.5 feet behind the listening area to the rear wall. The room is also 15 feet wide, so when in the "sweet spot", it is 7.5 feet to the left and righ walls. Additionally the room is a total of 20 feet long, so I've placed the left, center, and right in an arc which is 7.5 feet from the center of the listening area which leaves about 5 feet behind them.

The height up walls and the spread of the rear channels adds a few more inches to the actual distance, but my receiver's auto setup can set the delay computation to the inch (and seems to do so very accurately).

Thanks for the tip. I will try swapping the directs with the QS8s to see how they sound behind me before I buy my next pair. I don't plan to keep the Sonys; they've served their time.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris