Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
More good stuff guys. Thanks to everyone once again. Glad to hear that you've got your M80's screamin' with the 876 without issue.

ibmack, do you have any heat issues with your 876? And how is the delay in switching HD resolutions? It seems that the two biggest problems that people report with it are high temps and 8+ second delays for video sync-ups via HDMI. Any comment on that?

The more I read about the 876, the more impressed I am with its specs. For the prices I'm finding (<$1,000), it really appears to be a fantastic receiver. Has all the bells and whistles that I'm after for a good price. It's a hard choice between it, the 3808, and the Pioneer Elite SC-05.

Or to just sit on my wallet and wait for the UMC....

Decisions, decisions.

Peter, as I had no heat issue with the 875, nor do I have heat issues with the 876. But since it seemed like something to do I mounted two temperature activated scythe S-flex fans on the top.

Switching between HD channels is faster (~1-2 sec.) than between digital and HD channels (maybe 2-3 sec). Sometimes it is longer although I don't know that it is attributable to the 876. I know the original 875 had some very poor switching times but that was improved with subsequent FW updates (incidentally Onkyo is very poor for supporting FW updates, but nevertheless they do distribute updates - or perhaps more accurately put, they allow them to become available to the community at large. Once you have done it once (RS 232 cable and optical image burning), it is easy).

Buy this unit you will not be sorry.