"way down the road" ?

I'm way behind the HD curve and I'm pretty much at the point of 'all HD' already. There's only one TV show that I watch that *isn't* in HD, and that's only because Dish Network and F/X can't agree on a price for DN to be able to carry F/X HD.

But I have sort of come to the conclusion that AVR upconversion *might* be an overrated feature. I have very, very little experience with various upconversion techniques and results, so I am hardly an expert.

But I think it just depends on what you watch. AFAIK, there are only two scenarios where you'd want to upconvert a signal. 1) SD TV and 2) DVD. The case of SD TV doesn't matter to me because as I said, almost all of my TV viewing is in HD. With DVD's, my DVD player has a Faraoudja chip in it, and it does a pretty good job. Perhaps ignorance is bliss in that department.

I'll be able to add more to this conversation in a few days. I've got an TX-SR876 on order that should be here on Tuesday. I'll be putting it up against my just-purchased SC-05 to see if the upconversion & features really make a difference to me.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office