I very much appreciate Ken having me over this afternoon to be able hear his M80's. They sounded very good and another decision has been made. I waffle a lot. ;\) One of the main reasons I ordered both 60's and 80's was in case the 80's were too bright, or having 4 ohms be an issue on my 1909. Well, they sounded good on Ken's comparably powered Harmon Kardon, so that factor is a non issue. Especially since, in the last few days I decided I will likely upgrade to a 3808 soon. I will contact Brent at Axiom to cancel the M60's. Now I save the hassle of doing this testing thing. Also, I felt like asking my Paradigm dealer to borrow a pair of 100's was too much after being in his shop the other day looking at the 3808. He asked if I had made a decision on speakers, and I told him I had ordered Axioms. He did not say anything disparaging, or anything at all. But my asking to borrow speakers for a demo, now seemed like a stretch.

So I will not be able to have a speaker comparison meet, the invitation is still open to you guys if you'd like to have a mini Axiom meet out here in Discovery Bay. We'd call it... 'Mini Meet'! \:D Ken said there had not been any Bay Area/Northern CA Axiom gatherings. What? A few more of you Californians need to hop to, and buy some Axioms, so Northern Ca. can be represented better! ;\) While we could not compare 60's and 80's, we could see how the 1909 drives the M80's to a nice high dB level. Ken, if you had time in early to mid April before it got too close to the new arrival and Adam was available too, it would be fun to have you guys out. I fully understand, Ken, that that period may be crunch time for you and your wife. Afterwords certainly will be! \:\)

Again let me say how grateful I am that both Ken and Adam were able to open their homes and share their time with me. Great Thanks!

Dave
PS. Adam, Peter, Tom: You guys were full of it in your PM's talking about Ken. He is a very nice guy! You guys should lay off the gossip. \:\)

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."