Wonderful, I am delighted of the promptness of your replies.
The web page was still displaying only my initial post when I replied to myself and bang, a bunch of nice answers show up already. Super.

Sorry sirquack, I misinterpreted Brent's instruction, therefore my mistake.

My listening/HT area is about 11x14 in the corner of a 15x20 room. TV is on the 14' wall. Front speakers, 9-10' apart, will be have their back close to the wall. Couch faces TV at 10' distance and has 4' of empty corridor behind it. Surrounds will be mounted 1' behind couch attached to wooden columns (part of house architecture) so height is as I wish.

I listen to jazz + classical mostly, and movies, all at moderate volume. In an apartment, I also have to go easy on the LFE, out of regard for neighbors.

Budget in 2000-3000 range. I try no to spend beyond my needs.

I found listening to MA RS6 very pleasant. Main drawback as Adrian says is that the matching center is expensive. If I believe what I read about the importance of timbre matching the 3 front speakers, I would have to buy the RSLCR to go with the RS6. It is little pricey. For the surrounds I would get Axioms anyway.

Choosing the sub is tricky. Lots of posts going in all directions. I was intrigued by those who say that if you have a decent sub you do not need big stereo speakers and the M22 would do very well. Sounds reasonable but I like the floorstanding form factor, and paying/fitting stands is an annoyance.

Main fear with Axiom is the oft debated issue of whether they are bright or not.
I will drive them with a Yamaha HTR-6190, a company sometimes accused of bright sound.

Yamaha HTR-6190, MA RS6 & RS-LCR, DSP-3100, PEL M1, Samsung LN52A750, SA 8300HD, Home Theater PC