Originally Posted By: Zimm

Are all ISF certified techs supposed to have the requisite tools and knowledge? I know there are levels, but not sure if they are forced to follow a minimal set of methods.

I don't believe so Adrian, simply because I asked Doug Blackburn to check out the website of the local ISF certified calibrator and to give me any feedback/concerns etc., and he mentioned that the diagnostic tools that they use are fairly old and not "high end".

Jack, I did get a reply from both of the calibrators that you suggested, and the Asian gentleman will be in my area in September. He did suggest to decrease green offset/bias or add red and blue on the offsets. I went into the TV menu and noticed that I didn't set any of the white balance settings (when they reset a couple weeks ago) to the recommended ones by Home Theater Magazine, so I'll check out a DVD tomorrow and see if it makes a significant difference.

He seems like a very nice guy, and here was his response to my issue-

"Greetings

Greenish tint ...

look at a black and white image ... and tell me if the blacks and dark grays are greenish. if yes ... you have a grayscale issue. A calibration can fix it ...

short of that ... if that is all you are looking for ... go to thewhite balance area of the tV ... and decrease green offset/bias

or add red and blue on the offsets

If you want more than just this addressed ... then professional calibration is the route"

I do have a calibration disc called The Ultimate DVD Platinum that I'll pop in tomorrow and tinker around with, it's not as good as AVIA, but I just found a decent review of it here . I did a quick check of all the available tweaking utilities and it wouldn't allow me to adjust the chroma or hue. I'll have more time tomorrow so maybe there's something I'm doing wrong.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.