Originally Posted By: Stormin
If money allows is there a big difference between the EP600 vs. EP800 ie. will I be "missing" much for settling on the EP600 or should I just bite the bullet and get the 800?

First off, that's a great system you're putting together. Way to go. I can't wait to get a projector.

As for EP600 vs. EP800, I didn't do any direct comparisons, but I owned an EP600 before getting my EP800s. The 600 was my first quality subwoofer. The other ones I've had have been nowhere near the same league, so the 600 was a major jump. There was a lot of stuff I was feeling that I just wasn't feeling before, and it made me smile every time. Still, I knew I wanted to get dual subwoofers at some point, and for a while I was even contemplating getting four of the HSU ULS-15s. Then Axiom announced the EP800. I liked what I read about it, as it seemed pretty close to my ideal: great output, low extension, sealed design, and almost comically linear output across its frequency range. For a while I did just have one of the EP800s hooked up. Even though it wasn't a direct comparison to the EP600, I'm fairly confident saying I could tell the difference. There was just that much more impact and texture on material I was familiar with. If the money isn't going to be an issue, I would certainly recommend the EP800.