It is not really fair to comment on the 3000 at this point, as I'm projecting it on a flat white wall with smudges, etc. But, that has convinced me I need a gray screen. The image is fantastic in total darkness, and from 15 feet can easily make a 120+ image (rough measure). But lights or light leakage really wash out the screen...I mean wall!.

Dark Knight looked great, but a little short of the pop from my 720p DLP RP set - again, on a wall. The only thing that did not look right was a baseball from 3r to first, that showed 3 balls as it traveled. Strange, since the Panny has a frame correction function. Still learning the tools so it might be fixable.

All in all, easy set up, good picture out the box, but not as bright as I hoped. Light control in progress and grey screen on the way. I'll check in when I get those done to give a more fair and accurate test. For daytime lit room viewing, better get a big RP or LCD screen.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire