Originally Posted By: Zimm

After further searching, perhaps they are, as I'm starting to think it does not matter much as long as the product is of decent build quality.

I’m with you here. Unless something drastic happens to change my mind I’m planning to get a Carada Precision Series 1.78 to 1 Brilliant White. I’m getting the BW since I can have total light/reflection control if I want it. Though this time I’m doing that incrementally rather than all at once (resulting in overkill) like in my apartment. After having complete darkness in my apartment I’m a firm believer in this:

Originally Posted By: Paul Apollonio

In order to eliminate what Mr Holman calls cross-modality, (one sense modulating another) the lights are slowly turned down so we heard our sound demonstrations in complete darkness.

Audyssey DSX 10.2 Surround Sound Overview

Quote:

As for the lens memory, i have not used it because I have a full wall right now and Zoom is so easy that I have not taken the time to figure out how to use the memory. I keep thinking I'll wait until I have a set size to zoom to/from.

Please let me know how it works out if you end up with your screen before I commit to a projector. I plan on having my projector on a stand just behind my seating (only one row for now) so I’ll have easy access to make changes.

Quote:

First Person Shooters on a 120" screen 15 feet in front of you is damn hard not to like.

Big gamer and probably will be 1/3 use. I love my Samsung DLP but I want bigger for more immersion. I’m planning on a 142” diagonal screen sitting about 15 feet away. Again if you get your screen before I purchase I’d love to hear how the shadow details are. That’s been my one complaint about the DLP is that in many dark scenes in games things in the shadows are hard to make out.

About equal use will be up scaled standard DVDs. Haven’t been in a big hurry to get a BD player since I have a huge backlog of DVDs to watch most of which are animated and upscale very nicely.

Also equal use will be as a computer monitor for gaming. Plan to maintain the DLP or a wall mounted LCD for general use. Have you hooked it up to a computer yet. I only play strategy games on the PC so lag time shouldn’t be an issue and since the image size can be adjusted I’m guessing over/under scan isn’t a problem.

Quote:

But for a small HT on a budget, I have to give it 5 thumbs up. At this point, it looks like the damn screen may cost as much as the projector. In other words, for less than a good 40" LCD TV you get a damn impressive wall of glorious 1080p. Hard to go wrong even if another projector is as good, or slightly better in some way.

The only thing that’s holding me back on the Panny vs the Epson is the ghost turd (dust ball) issues many people have had. Based on reading a lot, I think the Panny will be the best choice for image based on Projectorreviews.com comments that it has slightly better shadow detail than the Epson which I think will be more important for gaming than the slightly higher brightness and better black levels of the Epson. Of course the Epson also has issues as it seems like lots of people are having convergence and dead pixels problems.

Last edited by grunt; 07/04/09 09:49 PM. Reason: forgot the link

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1