Can one end up with different sound "quality" from different receivers? I understand that there are many factors that will affect sound quality, and to a much greater extent than the receiver, but I've also read some references to receivers having sound that is "warm" and other receivers having a different type of sound.

Here is the context of my question: I have two receivers currently. One is a Pioneer Elite 72TXV that is a few year old. It currently is in our basement. The other is a new Denon 2310CI that is still in the box. I originally had planned to put the Denon in our basement and move the Pioneer into our bedroom. Now I am trying to decide if the switch is worth the effort, or whether I should just put the Denon in the bedroom. I still need to figure out whether there are any particular (non-sound quality) features of one of the receivers that I'd prefer in one location over the other. For example, the basement is going to have a new Pioneer Elite TV, and I think there may be some features that I get when the Pioneers are matched up. My question is this: Should different potential sound quality be one of the considerations as I decide where to put the receivers, or is the idea of different sound quality based on the receiver just a myth. In terms of power from the receivers, I'm pretty sure that is a non issue because I think both have plenty for my listening volumes.