So I set things up over the weekend and last night. I'm still figuring things out with the Denon receiver, and this always could be my imagination, but something seems to sound better with the new receiver than the prior one. Per the earlier discussions, I don't think it's any "sound quality" of the receiver. I'm pretty sure it's the settings that the Audyssey came up with versus the settings from the Pioneer's auto setup. I feel like I am getting much more sound out of the surround speakers and I also seem to get more base. That's not to say I could not have gotten the same exact thing with the other receiver--I'm sure I could have if I'd been willing to adjust the settings from the auto setup on the Pioneer receiver. However, I figured I'd just screw things up so I never wanted to play with them.

Also, the picture on the new TV looks fantastic. Again, it could to some (or all) degree be my imagination, as I'm not sure my wife was nearly as impressed. All in all, very happy thus far with the new setup. After we get the bedroom setup, I'll try to get some pictures up (will need help from the wife with that).

The only thing that seemed a bit weird is I believe crossover was set at 60 hz. I thought I've read on any number of occassions that it should be at 80. I take it I should just adjust that. (As an aside, in a question that will make clear just how little I really understand, by setting it at 60 versus 80, does that mean bass is more likely to go to the sub or less likely.)

Thanks again everyone for all the comments and advice. I'm actually so excited about things I'll probably read up some more on the receiver and TV so that I can play with things and see if tweaks make things even better.