Originally Posted By: libirm
OK it is down to this:
Sony Pro MDR-7506 Headphones

Or the Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones

Both about $100.00

Help me decide ...please

Two very good choices in this price range. Sony is very inconsistent with respect to the quality and performance of their products but the Sony 7506 is one of the exceptions. The 7506 has been used by industry professionals for decades in the studio. Suprisingly good build quality and has the neutrality you would be looking for. The 7506 are known to be great for mixing/studio use but not the best for causual listening due to the fact they can be harsh/fatiguing at times with mediocre recorded music.

The Shure SRH series are the newest closed headphones from Shure. Like the 7506, the Shure 440 have superb build quality and neutrality. The 440 are not as bright with a bit less bass than the 7506.

Both the 7506 and 440 are closed and the comfort levels you experience might vary. It would be safe to assume you would initially feel some "clamping" after extended use with both. I find the most comfortable way to avoid this effect is to rotate the headband slightly forward and adjust the headband larger until the clamping goes away. Otherwise they are both fairly comfortable headphones once your body breaks into the "feel" of them. I find all headphones initially take some getting use to in regards to comfort and they get better over time.

Both headphones are of amazing value.

Conclusion...

Strictly for studio use - Sony 7506
Mix of casual listening/studio use - Shure 440.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne