I was looking at my posts and I decided to check out my very 1st post on this forum... check it out, and post up your very 1st post so we can see it! \:\)

Quote:
Ok so I'm about to purchase an Axiom home theater system, but I'm trying to decide between the Epic 80/600, or the Epic 80/500 with an extra EP500 to go along with it. So for owners of each, I would like to hear impressions in the differences between these two subs. I'm looking for maximum bass in movies (like everyone else), but also good, tight musical performance.

My movie room is 24 x 24 (about 600 sq ft) with 8 1/2 inch ceilings. It has a door to close it off to the rest of the house, so I'm sure that the EP600 would do the job just fine while the door is closed. What I'm wondering is will it fill my entire house (about 2500 sq ft) with pounding bass when I'm listening to music? This is what I was wondering, would I be better off spending $600 dollars more than the EP600's price tag ($1900) for an extra 400 watts worth of bass performance? Or is the EP 600 THAT MUCH BETTER of a sub than the EP500 that it's not neccessary?

I thank you in advance for your advice. _________________________

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD