I can't believe I misse this thread the first time 'round. Some comments, starting with the most important first:
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I'm going to bookmark this and re-read it again later, when I've had more coffee/nog/beer!

Do you mix that in a blender with crushed ice or layer it like one of those fancy shooters?

2. Bethoven was called a long haired deliquent when he hit the scene. I think Peter has it right.

3. There are two things that happened in the early 50s that did lead to a special era in music though. First, black music, a vibrant, sexy, creative scene was introduced to white America at a time when the (white) music industry was as 'managed' and bland as it is today. Second, a whole generation of boomers started getting their teen allowance at a time when there was not much to spend it on (no i-Stuff © or designer clothes) other than a coke. Call it the dot-music age, but there was a LOT of money going into the industry and that led to a lot of artistic freedom. All the controlling execs were too busy shoveling money into their coffers to have time to manage their artists.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!