Originally Posted By: grunt
Originally Posted By: CV

Success ruins more artists than anything.

That’s the truth. Especially groups as egos get involved.

That’s one reason I have always, and always will enjoy AC/DC. Whether or not anyone likes their music, they have not let the “market” influence their sound.

There was a time I liked country (Hank JR, Johnny Cash, David Allen Coe, Don Williams era). If there is any genre that has been capitalized and destroyed by the market, it’s got to be country.

Are most definitely is open to individual interpretation. I fancy myself as someone who is open to new ideas and opinions and I enjoy art in general. I was recently wandering around San Francisco in the rain and decided to visit the museum of modern art to get out of the rain for a spell. I had a very difficult time appreciating the majority of “art” on display. I had to draw the line on what constitutes art at a display that was nothing more than three pieces of canvas hanging on the wall, painted white. But, some folks appeared to think it was “art” as they were just sitting there, intently staring at it as if they were trying to find the meaning of the work as if it was something profound.