As someone who does a lot of audio work in acoustically treated rooms that are "tuned" and also uses professional studio monitors that have to be flat and accurate...

I think Audyssey is a bunch of hokum truthfully. shocked

It reminds me of those stupid eq settings on HT receivers like: Stadium, Concert Hall, Men's Restroom, etc.

I opine that it's better to treat your room acoustically and/or work with speaker placement if you have weird nodes or reflections/anomalies and what not.

I would hate to futz with the Axiom speaker's eq myself. They are already correct. smile

Besides, there's much better software for analyzing your rooms acoustics. You will also need a very good professional microphone for such "accurate" data gathering.

If you are setting up an HT room and are not happy with your room's acoustics, I would definitely hire an acoustician to tell you what's is really happening, frequency wise, in your room.

There's lots of DIY acoustic treatments you can do for cheap. Bass traps are probably the most important, followed by diffusers.

I'm a firm believer in keeping your stereo eq settings flat. Always.

In fact, when I get into other people's cars I usually adjust their stereo. Invariably they have the bass and treble jacked up to 10.

They usually always thank me for sorting out their sound, lolz. wink

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
---Frank Zappa