I got them as inside mount; I knew what I was doing. I don't like the way outside mount look (without a valance anyway). I sized them to fit as tightly as I could within the windows, and the frames are pretty deep. I don't need 100% blackout anyway, I just don't want the summer sun shining through the slates into my eyes for a couple hours each evening.

I've settled on Rhythmik (oops, you're right with a K). My two tiny subs were fun, but I want something bigger. I've got a coworker who will them with only 10% loss too. I figure two of their F12s will be OK.

Of all the subwoofer tech out there, I like Rhythmik's the most. Everyone is going DSP. I'd be OK with that, if the subs were fed a digital signal, but the ADC-DAC pass bugs me. Even if there's no real technical problem with sampling and decoding an analog signal of 100 Hz or less, it still bugs me.

Plus the DSP can only model what the woofer will be doing, it doesn't really know what's happening. The DSP assumes the voice coil is always going to be at a fixed temp. That's not true, during a really intense LFE passage it will get hotter raising resistance and causing compression. There are a lot of other variables too that DSP programs don't account for.

Rhythmik actually measures (at the coil, not the cone surface like other servo designs) how the woofer is moving and uses that as feedback into the amp, adjusting the signal to make the cone move correctly.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris