I think Axiom hits the sweet spot when it comes to price/performance.
While the cabinet could certainly be more fancy (therefore increasing the cost), they are not by all means bad looking speakers, specially for those that can afford the real wood veneer and now on the V3s without the pin holes thanks to the magnetic grills.
There is 2 cosmetic changes that I would like to have that wouldn't necessarily bring the cost up. The first is that it would be nice if Axiom would find a way to keep the hex screws that attach the drivers more recessed into the cabinet instead of sticking out the way they do, the speakers would look nicer. The second is that while on most Axiom speakers the drivers are recessed into the cabinet and almost flush with the face, it is not the case for the top and bottom drivers of the QS8s, the drivers sticks out of the cabinet. Whenever I can (or let say whenever my 2 year old is not around for a few days), I like to have the grills off. I then remove all the grills except the top and bottom of the QS8s, it just doesn't look good seeing these drivers sticking out the way they do.
These are 2 minor things but to me the speakers would look much nicer if it would be changed.

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."