Quote:
Incidental to that is replacing / updating...

That's the part that kills you. "As long as we're doing this, we might as well do that".

I completely understand your project scope. It took YEARS for us to do the same operation, because if you're going to replace the faucet, you might as well replace the sink. If you're going to replace the sink, you probably have to re-do the countertops. Etc. We still haven't done the floor.

Well, I was going to try to talk you into granite tile, but I guess that's out, eh? I'm really against MDF/laminate because - on a basic level - MDF hates water and laminate hates heat. I have a lot of both in MY kitchen. Tile and CBU don't care about water or heat.

I don't know what to tell you about the backsplash. It kind of depends upon how many plane changes you have and how flat the walls are.

Do you guys have a second bathroom?

I've always had really good luck with Moen faucets. We REALLY like the Franke granite composite sink we got (this is not the exact same model). It's quiet and solid like cast iron, but lighter and unscratchable. Recommended.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem