Originally Posted By: Jc
Originally Posted By: gtpsuper
They just plain suck for the price.

Hi gtpsuper, I wonder if you have personally auditoned an Axiom subwoofer or if you are judging them only from comments read on various forums ?

I come across childish and immature? How about he say something like "I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, what subwoofer do you have? Maybe its setup wrong or something needs adjusted."

My Response was:
"Yes I have a EP175 for a bedroom tv setup with soundbar, got the sub from craiglist, about a year ago.

Does the Axiom subs implement a "brickwall" type high pass filter?"

"gtpsuper,
Other than owning a used Axiom EP175 (might have been modified and not performing as it should) what other experience and/or qualifications can you offer to support your statement that "Axiom subs just plain suck for the price"

How about he say, your EP175 might have been modified, because I feel its a strong performing subwoofer for its size and power and should do well matching up with a sound bar for a bedroom setup.

JC goes on to say:
"Neither do I, but I'm simply wondering how you can give your honest opinion on all Axiom subs when you only own one used model which you have not compared side-by-side with competitors' models in your room. You can also compare specs against specs but too often they are not reliable.
I'm sure that you can see my point and now, I will now move on."

But I remember posting that I did a DIRECT comparison between the EP175, Mirage S10.3 and the Polk PSW 110. And shouldn't he know right off the top of his head if Axiom implement a Brick wall HPF? Or does he not want to say?

Like I said I probably shouldn't have used the word "sucks" but I also think that JC went into full on defense mode.

Last edited by gtpsuper; 12/03/11 09:15 PM.