Engineers design speakers to give as close to flat frequency response as possible.They labor over the design,spending endless hours in anechoic chambers and tweeking crossovers. And then we purchase them and put them in impossible untreated rooms that do them no justice. Adding room treatment will do more than any crossover could hope to imho. Why did gene test an outdoor speaker indoors,thats not where it belongs and will sound entirely different. Besides not ever speaker in a manufacturer's lineup is perfect.
Any speaker manufacturer can design a complicated crossover that will change its sound,but at what cost. Every manufacturer has to work within a design limit. Im sure if ian could build a no holds barred speaker it would be entirely different from what he is selling, and would cost one hell of a lot more. Nothing is free, and free shipping is not free ,it is built into the cost. I started my axiom journey with M2's so if i didnt like it would not cost much to return. Dollar to performance axioms speakers are a great value in this day and age imho. I liked them enough that i moved up to M80's which i definetly would not want to pay return shipping on. If the speakers i buy sound good to me why do i care what the crossover looks like as a consumer? I know these are not the best speakers money can buy,nor are they the worst and like anyone i have to live within my means.It simply amazes me how these speakers disappear when listing to them or watching a movies.
When someone like Gene writes/says the thing that he does, it puts his integrity at stake. Basically it seems he can be bought. Advertise with him and you get a favorable review. If thats his line in the sand i dont take any stock in anything the man has to say.
No one at axiom is telling any lies or misrepresenting the product,nor are people like us who enjoy their products, so much so we are willing to freely allow people we dont know into our homes to auditon them , free of charge. Gene needs to move on and we as axiomites can stop this trolling by not feeding them.

And the customer service is second to none , something no amount of money can buy. Ha Ha im rambling here,but im sure you get the point.I get defensive when someone attacks a product or company i truly believe in.

Last edited by Socketman; 01/02/12 05:36 AM.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry