Well, I got my new M3's yesterday and finally hooked them up. I'm not happy, but I'm not sure why. In my very first post, I mentioned that I'm not an audiophile and I feel I'm at the bottom of a steep learning curve. So, I'm welcoming any advice that someone would offer. And I'll TRY to keep this short.

I should begin by telling about my old, cheap system, so please don't grimace as you read this. My receiver is a Sony STR-D-315. And the speakers I'm replacing are Yamaha NS-A636's. These are 3-way bookshelf speakers with an 8" woofer, so consequently they are louder and "crisper" than the M3ti's.

But, the problem I've always had with these Yamahas are that the sound seems to be mostly inside the big black box and not out in the room (poor construction). This is definitely not the problem with the Axiom's (and BTW, I think they look great).

I guess I thought, after reading reviews and opinions, that I could achieve a certain sound with the M3's. I do realize the differences and limitaions of a 2-way vs a 3-way speaker. And before I went for the Axioms, I also tried some Monitor Audio Bronze2's and some Athena's.

I was also trying to be cost concious. But I'm now wondering if I should perhaps bump up to the M22's to achieve the volume and range I seem to be missing in the M3's.

O.K. so I DIDN'T keep it short! But I sure would appreciate some input from the experts out there; or even somebody who's been in my shoes.