Originally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuy
As I have already stated above you must have missed what I was referring to. Which is Exponential Growth of Power, as it takes TWICE as much POWER to have +3dB gain.

Use reading comprehension to try and understand the point I was making as you too are trying to manipulate the manner and meaning of what I intended to convey to the reader. I thought that this was clear but apparently some need help in understanding my meaning.

Why would I say that adding another speaker would Double the output...It will only add +3dB.

But nice graph i'm glad you used this although it is pointless because it takes about 10 Times as much POWER to Double sound.

Next smile

You don't seem to understand exponents. Multiplying something by two -- i.e. doubling -- results in linear growth. Multiplying by 10 also results in linear growth. Exponential growth requires ... drumroll, please ... exponents!

An exponent is the x in the mathematical expression "2 to the x power," which translates to "2 multiplied by itself x times." The larger x is, the faster the value accelerates upward.