Wow, response galore! smile people like vids. wink

To clarify, this saga is for my 2ch rig. The chair is a recliner. I am pretty much in the sweet spot unless I drop dead and slump over. So far so good. laugh

However, the setup in the basement will follow 2ch protocols. Ie. The LCR soundstage will be perfectly aligned and symmetrical within a lasers width.

Today I broke down after setting up the audiophile speakers again (have to wean myself off the others) and taped out a line perpendicular to the speakers at each one. I set them up 651/2 inches from side walls and 92.75 inches apart. No toe in yet. I moved them forward and back at 1 inch increments over a 12" range. All measurenents from top center of front baffle. To my surprise at 24" off the wall the bass was weak. At 21" the bass was best and the soundstage literally opened up as drums became extremely well defined. There was a dip in bass output from 20" to about 16". At 14" to 12" the bass was strongest, but sounded misformed and without detail.

As Matt said purely unscientific. So I purchased an RTA and FFT analyser program and repeated the procedure with a 20hz-20khz mono pink noise track being fed into the stereo from the program. It verified my listening tests to within a 1/2". I was a little smug with myself. laugh

The FFT revealed a huge bass valley in the soundstage between the woofers output and the port output. From 63hz-90hz. Must investigate and rule out the room first. If the room not much I can do. What a cool tool to have!