Last post cut off to run to dinner plans.

Indeed Fred. laugh

Hey TAM

I actually think placing the speakers with symmetry and perfect alignment in mind increases the size of the sweet spot. I can move my head freely in my mlp and the images stay stable. Probably depends on many factors though re: ribbion tweeters. I really enjoy doing this. Should have done it for a living.

Matt, the "its a crapshoot" philosophy rings true in some cases. I try to employ a scientific approach where possible. I make detailed notes and my process is methodical- if not entirely experimental as I learn more.

Fwiw, all "good" ht setups I've experienced were set up employing the basic rules set out by dolby et al. But in none of them (my own prior attempts included) was there an "aha!" moment where everything was perfect. Great for sure, but not goosebump inducing.

My metric for perfection has nothing to do with preference. I want it to sound as real as possible. Not to sound like I'm removed from the movie or music recording. I am the closest I've ever been in a 2ch system. The new HT will be a whole other animal! laugh