Originally Posted By Mojo
Craig, that sounds like too much fun. I'd like to be in on that!

What do you think about moving from M80v2 to M5HP for my 4800 ft^3 space? I would also upgrade my EP600v2, VP150v2 and QS8v2 to EP800, VP160 and QS10HP.

Mojo - Your theater is almost identical in interior volume to ours. The upgrades would be solid - the center channel being the biggest jump.

I would get the HP version of the 160, and never look back.

The EP800 is something special. The linearity to 13 Hz is making issues in our room - we are getting rattling that no other subwoofer has caused.

In the fall, I took the M100's and EP800 to an ultra high end store. All they knew was the speakers were from the "Bryston family" (it's amazing how the audio stores are completely lacking knowledge of on line companies).

We did blind tests between a JL Audio Fathom 212 and the EP800, and everyone there preferred the 800.

The M100's did an admirable job against a pair of Magico S5's as well - with people finding a lot to like about both speakers. Considering the Magico's are over $30,000, it was quite an eye opener.

Back to your possible system - I think you would have a system that would be neutral and musical, with nothing jumping out at you. You will just hear ... music.