You're in Chillicothe, and you're a Brown's season's ticket holder? Holy Moly! That's a heck of a Sunday drive.

The pull down curtain might work just fine, but I wouldn't set it up until you try out the speakers without it. It may not be necessary.

The 170s are direct radiating speakers, which means they create and output sound from only one side of the enclosure with that side aimed at the listening position. The M60s are direct radiating speakers, as are the 340s.

Some surround speakers are dipolar, featuring speaker drivers on two opposite sides of a speaker enclosure and wired to operate out of phase (as one driver moves in the other moves out) creating a null to the front of the speaker (very little sound emanating to the front) and a broad, spread-out sound in general.

Some surrounds are bipolar, directing sound in two directions using speaker driver on two sides of the enclosure opposite one another operating in phase (meaning that they both push out at the same time and they both come in at the same time).

The Axiom QS series surround speakers are Quadrapolar. They have 4 drivers, one woofer firing out the top of the speaker, and one woofer firing down from the bottom; one tweeter firing from each side at a 45 degree angle. The drivers are wired in phase, like bipolar speakers. So they are bipolar speakers x 2 = quadrapolar.

I can say for sure that the QS8s are the best surrounds I've ever owned. The QS8s are startlingly immersing. My standard comment on the QS8s is "the thing I notice most about the QS8s is that I DON’T notice them." They do a wonderful job of providing the surround experience without calling attention to themselves in any way. They do not distract you from the movie.

If you're primarily a movie watcher, I cannot recommend the QS series highly enough. There are those who feel differently and prefer direct radiators as surrounds. They'll probably offer their opinions here soon.

I wouldn't hesitate to get B stock speakers from either internet company. The perform the same as A stock speakers, but my have minor cosmetic flaws that are hard to find. All my Axioms are B stock from the Factory Outlet. Outlet speakers are 10% off, and if you order any 5 items (for example: 5 speakers; or 2 speakers, 2 stands and one cable) you get an extra 5%0ff.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton