Yes you could go with the QS4s, but I do love my QS8s. If you ordered 2 M60s, 1 VP150, and 2 QS8s, in black oak,from the outlet, today, The wait time for the M60s is 10 weeks, 2 weeks for the VP150, and 11 weeks for the QS8s. All of them would ship at the same time and you'd get them in 11 weeks. Many report that their speakers arrive before the maximum wait time but you shouldn't count on that. I've ordered twice from the outlet, and both times my scheduled wait time was 6 weeks. Both times, the speakers arrived in exactly 6 weeks.

One option you might consider, should you opt to go with Axioms, is to order just the 2 front speakers first. That way, if you don't like them, you only have to pay return shipping for 2 speakers. If you DO like them, then order the center speaker and 2 surrounds within the 30 day return period (as soon as you are sure you like the sound of the Axioms), and you'll still qualify for the 5 speaker 5% discount. You should call Axiom and verify that I have that correct, but I believe I do.

For that matter, you should call Axiom and talk to the folks there about your room size and listening habits and see what they recommend. Their customer service is second to none, and they won't try to talk you into something you don't need or want.

Actually, it wouldn't hurt to do the same with the Ascend folks. Most of these internet direct companies (Ascend, Axiom, av123, Hsu, SVS, etc.) have marvelous customer service.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton