Hi all! Since you guys are such nice folk around here, I thought I would ask you your opinions on older receivers and how they would perform with Axiom speakers. I would like to redo my stereo setup in my bedroom to include Axiom M22's and a different receiver. Currently, I have an old early 90's model Sony receiver with huge ugly boomy speakers from the 80's...all which I'm sure are not that great. I had replaced a similar Sony ealier when I bought my first Denon for the living room. What an improvement!

Anyway, I was researching stereo only receivers on the net and others mentioned that a lot of older receivers from the 70's produced nice clean power (not hissy like my previous Sony's). Do you guys have experiences with these older receivers (please list models) or do you think I should just buy brand new. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money and I know there are great buys on ebay for these older receivers. They look kind of cool too. Most importantly though is that it must perform well with the Axioms.

Thanks! I always appreciate the advice here.
Mary

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD