Ahhh!

Thanks to everyone's posts, I am at a much clearer level of confusion now!

Seriously though, thanks for all the comments.

Lots to read and digest.

I feel like, now, whatever decision I make, I will at least make an informed decision.

It sounds like, at least for me, the M22's are out of the running, at least in the living room. (But, I have been reasonably happy with my bookshelf B&W 202's with speaker stands, for over ten years . . .)

The M60's would be a perfect high end match for my receiver (and almost any other receiver). Buy it, install them, and start enjoying the music. If you are still woried about ultra low end, get a sub woofer (or Jenifer Lopez . . . bad joke!)

The M80's might work, and they might need another amp source. Luckily, the Pioneer 1014 has the THX certification, and as JohnK points out, the THX certification requires the amp to drive a 3.6 ohm load.

And, as Alan and others have noted, that past, real world experience shows, that H/K Denon and NAD can drive the M80's, other brands have not had good past experience.

So, if I choose the M80's, at least I am making an informed choice, and I realise that I might need to call in Scotty. (As in Scotty, I NEED MORE POWER!!!)

So it sounds like, intelectually, the best decision would be the M60's.

BUT MENTALLY, I will always be wondering, what if I choose the M80's instead . . .

It is funny actually that I have this delema, because, in the past, I have heard some FANTASTIC sounding, two way speakers.

I have been trying to post this for about a day, and I keep on flip flopping in my mind (No Kerry jokes!).

M60 is better for my system, as it is right now, M80's might bring a whole other dimention into my listening, but I will (I MEAN MAY) have to get a seperate amp if the Pioneer is not up to snuff, and even if it is, a seperate amp would be better for the whole system.

I still do not have a clear understanding about the M80's at LOW listening levels. How do they sound at low or "still hear the phone ring" levels?

Now to address some specifics . . .
BigWill
I am the kind of guy that will go to Wal-mart, K-mart, Sams, and Target, then check the internet, before making a 50 dollar purchase. BUT, When I realized that I use my speakers ALMOST EVERY DAY, year in, and year out, 300 bucks more IS a worthwile investment to me, considering that my last set of speakers cost 400 bucks, and lasted me over ten years, and I used them ALMOST every day.

Spiffnme
Thanks for the alternate opinion as to "M60's starting to strain" comment that BigWill made. Nice Amps that you recommended. Remember when all amps were two channel!

tomtuttle . . .
"I deeply resent the insinuation that the beautiful vinyl on my M60's was not hand rubbed by virgin nymphs at midnight."
Well, maybe not at the factory, but who knows what happens at your place . . . (grin!)
Yea, I am leaning towards the M80's. I just picture the boxes getting delivered, and setting up these "mini buildings" in my Living room, and then starting to think, My Gawd, people could live in there! But, then again, they are within a couple of inches to the M60's so no big deal.

Bray,
Yes, we talked on Audioholics or AVS. You recommended listening. I got a feeling I am going to like whatever I decide. My options are either another internet direct company (and I can't hear them either!) or a B&M company, where I will get much less for my hard earned dollar.

Alan,
Thanks for the detailed reply. About the Pioneer 1014 and the 4 ohm load. I will make an educated purchase, should I pick the M80's, and if the Pioneer does not hold up (even with the THX cert), I knew that going in, and will not blame the speakers, I will have to get another amp. I think a high end stereo amp is on my mind anyway, so that I get the clarity and crispness that I want (not to blast the neighbors, but for the accuracy!)