Well, I guess I can chime in here.

We recently purchased the M60ti's (as well as the VP150 and the QS8's). These are connected to a Crown XLS 402a pro power amp being fed from a HK 7200 (boy does this unit generate some heat!!!).

FWIW, I get insane readings (with HK at -10 and crown cranked full open, nominal 90 with peaks of ~102) of SPL in our 7200 cubic foot area (60x8x15) from the listening position which is 12 feet from the M60's. I also have a SVS 20-39 PCi for the sub-woofer duties. The speakers are set to full range on the H/K with the sub doing L/R bass management. This is with no surround processing...two channel stereo.

My wife complains about the loudness level...that's at least when I can hear her complain. Other times she just gives me "the look", and if you're married you know what I'm talking about.

My honest opinion:

At first I thought the m60's sounded shrill. The "S" sound would be more sibilant than what I was used to (JBL Studio series). So I waited and let my ears and the M60's "break in".

Suffice it to say they sound much better to me now. It took about 3 months but I am very happy and am also pumping out 260 WPC into them from the Crown.

I do have a question though...anyone think I should push the H/K to 0 db reading on the dial? Should I try and crack the glass on the 75 gallon fish tank or on the panny plasma?

Rich You don't know until you try.