>>It sounds like, at least for me, the M22's are out of the running, at least in the living room. (But, I have been reasonably happy with my bookshelf B&W 202's with speaker stands, for over ten years . . .)

Hmmm. We don't want to push you too high in the speaker lineup either. As far as I know the M22s are not out of line with other good bookshelf speakers in terms of sensitivity, power handling and resulting SPL -- just that most people end up wanting to play a bit louder than bookshelf speakers can normally deliver in that sized room. Are the 202s already in your great room, or are you using them in a smaller room today ?

My M2s sound great in a 13x23 room as long as I stick with moderate sound levels, but I can't turn the volume up as high as I would like "sometimes". M60s on the other hand will play quite a bit more loudly than I would ever want, ie I have lots of headroom at normal listening volumes.

If you always listen at "normal" volumes (it happens -- family, neighbors, ears that haven't been killed by years of loud music) then M22s might be OK and M60s would definitely be OK... unless you are planning to change your listening habits as a result of the new speakers.

If you are happy with the 202s from an SPL point of view and are open to adding a sub in the future (if you play DVDs then you're gonna want a sub anyways) then I'm not sure M80s are worth the extra cost and effort. People sure do like 'em, though

Last edited by bridgman; 10/08/04 04:08 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8