thanks for all the great advices, it looks like the monoblocks should give me the most improvement over the HK 3480.
Dan, no doubt the M22ti are very efficient and it doesn't need that much power to drive them, generally 50wpc is enough for moderate listening level, though the M22ti are rated up to 200w, I was under the impression that either match the power rating or overpower them a little should get the most out of these very fine speakers.

Honestly I do not know for sure if I could hear any difference, but I'm expecting about 2~3 dB of headroom and overall music dynamic improvement with 200+ wpc amp. Underpowering the M22ti for extended period of time can't be good, especially when I crank them up couple times a week, no? maybe you were right about the HK 3480. The volume level of this receiver can go from -80 to +18 dB and I have never drive them past the 0 dB mark, moderate level stays somewhere between -40 to -25 dB, at night it stay at around -50 to -40 dB, and -15 to -5 dB is pretty much the reference level I prefer, anything higher will make my ears bleed.