This afternoon the UPS guy was having a hard time getting the SVS box out of his truck, his face turned red and looked like he was about to faint when he'd finally carried it up the 8' stair to my door, my first guess...either this guy was a wimp, or this gigantic box weight a ton!! Heh, it was pretty heavy, shipping weight is 87 lbs but not as bad as I'd imagined. I brought it down to the basement and carefully inspect the box, didn't find any sign of it being dropped, so I'd unpacked everything, man this sub is extremely well contruct and seems like it can withstand some serious nuclear blast. This bad boy doesn't has the classy look of the Rocket UFW-10, but it's more like a good ol' muscle car packed with raw power under the hood.

I quickly dismissed the puny user manual and hooked up the cables and popped in a Dave Matthews Band CD, firing up the SVS solidified the muscle car image it has, it's getting late and I only had it set at 9 o'clock, that's plenty loud for now, had a chance to play the Darla taps scene and it shook the entire basement, everything on the wall was rattling and my daughter's pictures almost fell off, I'd jumped up quickly and turned down the volume!! If you'd asked me how does it sound so far, I'd say..."KICKS AZZ!!"
For now I run the Receiver's Sub preout directly to the SVS's low level input, and run the M22ti full range, everything sounds great so far but I will have to try the 80hz highpass some other time, I'm going to enjoy a couple more music cd with this new beast now. :-)