Hi Mark, I have a solution I used which may work for you. Take a look here .

Since I already had shelves (1" thick) that were made to match my custom TV stand AND the QS8s are very forgiving AND I didn't want to fool with wires/mounting stuff, I used the shelves.

The main issues were 1) avoiding angling the speakers in the corner (wanted them them flat against the wall), 2) assuring there was enough clearance on the sides of the speakers closest to the wall and 3) providing "breathing space" for the bottom woofer.

I went to a local Home Depot-type of store and found some hard rubber plumbing couplers that were tall enough (2"-21/2" I believe) to elevate the bottom woofer and firm/stable enough to support the weight of the speakers. I had seen some input from Alan that said 1" or more was sufficient for the bottom woofer. I am 3"-4" inches from the back wall and flush to the side wall. I figured I'd try it and if it didn't work, I could get involved with a more time consuming solution, although I REALLY wanted to avoid that if possible .

Summary - it has proven to be a terrific solution and they sound great. Any degradation of audio, if there was any to begin with, was overcome when I calibrated the speakers. I am still amazed with the sound coming from the QS8s and friends comment on them all the time. As an aside, one of the things I considered with this configuration was to cut a 3"-5" hole in each shelf under the woofer to allow the sound to escape through the bottom. Turns out it wasn't necessary.

I mention all of this because it may give you a more robust solution by being able to anchor shelves to the walls you described. Hope it's helpful.