I haven't heard M80s. I have auditioned M60s, owned M50s, M22s, M3s, and M2e's. My favorite of these Axioms are the M3Tis.

I use Michaura M665 towers, M66 mini towers and M55 bookshelf speakers (very much like Axiom M60, M50 and M22s in that they use the same drivers, but the Merak/M2Ti's 3/4" titanium tweeter.) I really like Axioms, but I love the Thiels, Reference 3a de capo mm's, Sonus Faber Cremonas, Quads, Maggies ... and you are right, these speakers are IMHO better at reproducing music and involving the listener than the Axioms I have had and those I've auditioned.

I think the Axioms are better than most mass produced speakers - certainly better than the very expensive Infinity Composition Overture III towers I used to own. The only mass produced speakers I think are as good as Axioms are the Polks - also great speakers for a fair price.

The virtue of Axiom speakers has been the balance between high quality sound reproduction and great price. As prices creep up, and competitive speakers improve, the gap between Axioms and the mass market speakers is closing.

I wish Axiom well, and hope they can raise their game without raising their prices. Here's hoping!!

My great hope for Axiom? An Axiom speaker as good as a Thiel 2.4 for the price of an M80, an Axiom bookshelf as good as a Reference 3a de capo mm for the price of some M60s. I'd place my order now.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.