Slownlo, if you really don't see how your original post in this thread would be insulting than you don't have the capability at looking at anyone beyond your own shoes. Your original post is so "wrong" in so many ways, I chose to simply ignore it rather than respond. I'm all for intellectual, stimulating, civil disagreements with others, but your post was, to me, just a trolling opportunity to pi** people off.

You say that there are better values out there in used speakers. That's apples and oranges. Comparing a speaker designed at an $800/pair price point with one that was maybe designed with a $4k/pair price point is pointless. Hey, let's twist it around and say that a used pair of Axioms are better than a new pair of Radio Shack speakers. Well, duh. What's the point?

When you say that you bought Axioms and found that they were only OK for the "undiscerning listener" you are insulting everyone who likes their Axioms. What a snot! Maybe you do have ears that are more "golden" than others, who can tell and who cares? Maybe you don't, and it's just a matter of preference. Maybe you hear a difference with $1k speaker wires that others don't hear. Good for you! As a professional in video production and one who works in the field daily, it's likely that I see artifacting in an image that by far the majority of people will never see, but you know what? I don't imply that they are "undiscerning viewers" or berate them for not seeing what I see. And I don't call them foolish for spending $129 on a 13" monitor instead of $1400. To each his or her own.

There's nothing wrong with your having tastes that might be more refined (in your opinion) than others here. If someone had posted a question "How will Axioms compare to Thiels", I'd value your opinion like anyone else's. But to start a topic to simply announce that Axioms don't meet your standards and that we're all somehow a little less refined than you because we DO like our speakers smacks of just being an ass.

Sorry, Jack. I stooped to his level. I don't do "flame wars", I have better things to do than to feed other's fires with a BBS give and take. But hey, he's insulted myself and all the members of my new family, and I had to post ONE response in case he really doesn't "get it" and this causes him to rethink what he posted. Not likely, but I feel better!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::