Curtis,

From an audio perspective, the 2900 is the hands down winner. The DACs are simple better.

Video becomes a different discussion. The 2910 does scaling, but I've seen it and none of the DVD players do it very well. The build quality of the 2900 is unbelieveable - built like a tank (uses the 5900 hulk and some if its innards). Both units have excellent PQ, but here is where the difference is.

The 2910 uses the Faroujda chip. Good chip, tends to produce a very sharp, "crisp" picture. Nothing wrong with that at all. The PQ is somewhat 2 dimensional looking. Does very well for video (camcorder) output.

The 2900 uses the Silicon Image chip. Also produces a sharp picture. However, the colors are noticeably brighter - the picture has more pop to it. Also, there is more of a 3D look to the picture.

I tried both of them with my Sony LCD based on some advice in a couple of threads on AVS forum. The 2900, because of what I mentioned above and the deinterlacer that the Sony uses was clearly a better choice for me. I kept the 2900 and I am thrilled with it.

I don't think you make a mistake with either choice, but the 2900 sits between the 2910 and 3910. If the 2910 is a o and the 3910 is a 100, then the 2900 is an 75. This is an overall scale/estimate of the capabilities of the machines.

Let me suggest you go over the AVS Forum and search in "DVD Players". Look for 2900 and 2910 and also "umr" (the guy who provided the advice. There are also a couple of significant threads here at Axiom recently that might be good to search. Of course your best option is to see them side by side.

Hope it helps.

Ray