In reply to:

As you can see, while it exists, macroblocking only gets a passing mention. The consensus of the things I read/ researched is that this is not an issue to knock the 2910 out of a set of choices. The Genesis / Faroujda chip combination delivers stellar PQ, but also brings the small macroblocking isue.

Yes, I guess the severity depends on the display. The user reports I read range from "it's there if you look real hard" to "I can't bear it, it's unwatchable". I was pretty close to buying the 2910 (mainly because of the multichannel audio and digital video out) until I found out about macroblocking, and I wasn't taking any chances.

IMHO, in a time of $30 progressive scan players, a player listed for $700 (more than my first car) should have no bug whatsoever. DVD isn't exactly cutting edge technology by now.

Having said that, I am looking forward to the hopefully MB-free 2920. The audio on my Pioneer 578 sucks real bad. The 3910 is like Angelina Jolie to me - simply out of range.

OTOH, If I were Ajax, I wouldn't want to know about MB either. Ignorance is definitely bliss here.

M60 + QS8 + SVS PB10 + Yamaha HTR-5640 + Pioneer 578a