Curtis - LOL!! Normally, I only do damage to my own wallet.

The folks at Home Theater Hifi do a fantastic job of testing DVD Players. Take a look at their results . It's pretty interesting. If you click on the model number in the left hand column, it will give you the review they wrote for the that unit. These guys are well regarded for the straight skinny and the best info.

Note where the 2900 and 2910 sit in relation to the others. Also note that Denon dominates the top 20. I'm showing you all of this to illustrate a point and aswer a your question.

I originally owned the Denon 1600 (ranked pretty high on the chart; certainly above the 2900 and 2910). For PQ, my eyes told me the 1600 beat the 2910, but I also thought the 2900 beat the1600. I sold the 1600 and now one the 2900.

What you have with the DVD Shootout link is an excellent source and, hopefully, you managed to chase down a couple of those links I suggested. The point - you can't really make a mistake with the 2 units we've talked about. Also, the top 30 or so will also give you a pretty good choice to look at as alternatives.

Both Faroujda and Silicon Image make good chips. This choice is like any other you'll make with HT gear. Most of it is subjective once you've narrowed down to 2-3 choices. I'm also sending you a PM.