Hi, 'all
I've been researching on the internet for a good tower speakers and found lots of very good reviews for Axioms.
I'm from Puerto Rico so ofcourse there are not any Axiom dealer here but I do audition Bose 701 ( docking ) the Paradigm studio line and the Reference 20's.
I was very impressed by the Reference 20, but to put things in perspective, I audition them in a top-class listening room with preamp & amp in the 5 figures price!

I read reviews that place Axiom very similar or even above the Reference line of Paradigm and at a significant lower price, so I could not resist and order a pair of M60ti. I'm a 80% music & 20% HT.
I've been reading this forum a couple of weeks before getting the M60ti. I'm aware of the importance of "break-in" and that the M60 are a little harsh on the highs. Especially on not that great CD recordings. I found both of them to be true. Listening to CDs & DVD concerts like James Taylor, Sting(the new one) and some Dave Grusin & Nora Jones CDs ,all great recordings, I found them to have great bass and mid and even highs, but I find a harsh funny coloration on the mid-highs (not familiar with audiophile terminalogy ;->) . I do LOVE the sound of Eric Clapton (DVD Concert) guitar tho, also, I have a couple of clasical music DVD (beetoven 9 shyphony & others) and the speakers really bring live to them, they have an excellent punch and the harshness is a lot less present.
I've already put like 15-20 hours on the speakers and the harshness had been controlled abit. but there's plenty still for my taste. I'm driving them with a Denon AVR 3300. Does anyone have a similar setup ?
I've been contemplating on buying a good 2ch. amp or preamp (or both) just for music.
Any opinions on how to sweet the harsh sound? Positioning? I do have a small room 12x11x8.5...
My!...this is getting long,
Bye thanks,

Jaime

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg