I'm replying to myself in order to give an updated account of my M60 experience. In my last post I indicated I was a bit let down by the sound I was getting. I have to admit I thought about returning the M60s and I love the fact that Axiom has given me that option but in the end it just didn't seem right. I have many, many CDS that make these speakers sound absolutely fabulous and I have a few that perhaps someone needs to go back and remix.... I'm listening to Wilco right now and it's completely apparent to me that Jeff Tweedy or whomever mixed this really knows what they are doing. An old Heart CD I have sounds amazing. Radiohead, Pink Floyd, both as you'd expect top quality stuff. But then there are some clunkers and I'm not sure why they just don't sound good to me. U2 comes to mind, but that is actually what turned things around for me. I went to Circuit City andI know it's not an optimal listening enviornment but at least I can play around with the equipment without pestering a salesperson. I tried each of their Polk speakers from the R50 on up and I found that the higher in price I went the worse they seemed to sound with U2. And that did it for me. If I didn't like the sound of U2 on the $1000 polks I doubt I'd ever like it on anything other than the car radio where I listen to it most. Bottom line is don't be afraid of the M60s because of my opinion. In the end I found that I really do enjoy them, it just took awhile for me to figure that out