I agree with you Alan, the room has lots to do with the sound. Actually, I move here to my apartment 3 years ago, when I listen to my stereo system I notice a big difference in the sound; it was exactly the same equipment, only difference was the room. With time I get used to the sound.

One 'interesting' story that happen last week : I went to a high end audio store to listen to B&W speakers...The salesman told me if I want to audition the economy line or the high end line, we try the economy one first. It was a very nice audition room, don’t remember the tower model but it cost US1,500 (economy? ha!). I found them to sound very lifeless, I was not impressed at all. Then I told him to try the higher end model, when I enter the room I saw two monstrosities, they where huge and weird looking, like that 'LostInSpace' robot, I told the salesman ,wow, those should be a 10,000 dollars pair! he said no, they are 21,000 dollars pair! To my amazement they sound very similar to my M60s only 'bigger'. I bring my cds, I listening for half an hour, and no kidding they truly sound very similar to my M60. I told the salesman that I 'LOVE' ;-> those speakers, left the store with a grin in my face...
Jaime

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg