For those that don't know (I didn't), off air ((a signal that is sent via a transmitter, over the airwaves, to an antenna)) broadcasts of High Definition signals take place in the UHV spectrum..
I had never asked, and assumed they were VHF.. I found this out, while shopping for an antenna for my Mit's HDTV.. It has the build in HD reciever, and only requires an external antenna to produce beautiful pictures..
Most of the sales people, even at the dedicated electronics shops, do not know much about HD.. It's still just too new..
Anyway, out of 12 people, at 8 different business locations, one knew.. He explained that all the HD signals were broadcast on UHF.. And, that if one was buying an antenna that would be used solely for HD, buy a 'dedicated' UHF model.. More dedicated UHF elements, equates to a much better picture.. They are also easier to work with: size, weight, placement, etc..
There are a couple Winegards: HD 9085P, HD9095P, PR 8800, and the PR 9032.. I went with the 9095P.. I'm about 50 miles from the transmitter site, with no hills or tall buildings in between, and this baby rocks.. The picture and sound are something I would have never dreamed possible over the air..
So if you have an HD reciever, and didn't know before, go get yourself a dedicated UHF rig.. Oh yeah, prices run from around 50 to 125 US.. And stay away from Radio Shack and their like.. Get a major brand.. Major difference in quality and longevity.. I spent good money for my MITS, no point in coming up short on the outboard gear, right ?

LFE ! The rest is just details..