bigjohn writes:

> what speakers did you decide to go with?
M60ti, VP100, QS8. I still need to get a sub, but that's later. I'll use the toy sub that comes with my receiver until then.

> work fine in a small space
The room is 20' X 20' with a 10' ceiling and there are 2' beveled corners between the ceiling and walls. Probably not what you'd consider a "small space"

> so can we expect a visit to the metroplex from jack

Alas, no. There's a good reason he's in Cleveland and someday when he can come for a visit, I'll be very sad. It brings a tear to my eye even now to think of it. But I visit him as often as I can, and that hasn't been as often as I like, but it will be annually now that I have a specific reason to be in Ohio every year.

> if you think you need any help, i reckon we could
> find some guys up there willing to assist.

Thanks for the offer! I doubt I'll need any help with the initial install and connect. Once I re-configure the room to a better orientation (BIG job!) for ceiling mounting the video projector and replace the sub with a real one, I'll need to calibrate everything. Don't know how to do that, yet. I'll be paying attention on these forums to learn a bit more about that. Perhaps if I don't learn what I need to know by the time I come to that, I may have an opportunity to take you up on your offer.

And back to the topic... do the M60ti's come with spikes, rubber feet, or just what, exactly? They'll be going on carpet. I have teenagers. They're tall and I'm wondering if they'll be at all tippy without the spikes.

BethR - El Dorado Hills, CA
To thine own self be true.